Data Protection & Privacy
“The companies that do the best job on managing a user’s privacy will be the companies that ultimately are the most successful.”
– Fred Wilson
As the public scrutiny and threats to privacy and data security grows, the need for sufficient safeguards is increasingly fundamental to an organization’s success. Kendall PC recognizes that the privacy and data protection security legal and regulatory landscape is constantly changing and increasingly complex. We understand the unique challenges businesses face in accessing and implementing privacy and data security practices in response to these measures. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to guide clients through this unsettled space. Our team advises clients on all aspects of privacy and data security, providing tactical insights on various compliance and transaction-based strategies including the following:
- Serving as an outsourced Privacy Officer.
- Conducting privacy impact, vendor risk, incident and other assessments to determine the applicable scope of data protection and privacy laws.
- Developing and implementing fit-for-purpose data protection and privacy plan measures.
- Counseling on data breach or security incident investigations, response, notification and remedial measures.
- Representing clients in Business Associate Agreement (BAA) negotiations.
- Developing and providing privacy and data protection training, including Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training.
- Drafting and implementing privacy compliance policies and documents.
- Serving as ad-hoc counsel on the changing landscape of federal and state privacy and data protection laws.
Kendall PC also provides strategic counsel to a wide variety of clients in privacy and data litigation matters.